Here are a few downtown parking tips from Indianapolis Downtown Inc.:
- Arrive early and relax during peak exit times.
- Plan where you will park ahead of time.
- Enter downtown from the side on which you plan to park and park facing the direction you intend to depart.
- During special events, plan to use a parking garage or lot. Metered parking is limited around special event areas.
- Plan your route ahead of time.
- Prepare to park away from the event site. Wear comfortable shoes to walk to your destination.
- Carpool or use IndyGo if possible.
When parking downtown, use caution to prevent vehicle break-ins.
For specific tips based on the event you are attending, choose from the options at right or select your venue (Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Victory Field, etc.) from the navigation menu above.
Post updated July 2012.